Saturday, July 28, 2012

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

After being absent for a while, due to poor health & personal issues, I seem to be getting back into the swing of things!!! Finally -- yey!!! Since I had not visited my craft room in a while, it took me some time to come up with an idea for this project. As many of you know [I'm sure some/all can relate to this] I started out with one idea in my head, but once I started painting, cutting and the layout, the end result was totally different than the idea I had envisioned. But, I'm very happy with the result! :)

It is a 5 3/4" L x 4 1/4" W piece of plywood. The first layer was a light coat of gesso, then it was painted with a coral acrylic color. I already had decided to use the coral lace but once the paint dried the lace faded in the background, so I decided to cover it with a coat of iridescent gold. Unfortunately, the camera didn't capture the color change when the light hits it. It's gold - of course :) - with a very nice coral undertone. When I saw the stamp with the little girl and read the caption, I immediately thought of my childhood and how I loved to play with my dolls! The film strip with images of dolls came to mind right away. When I saw the word stamp I thought that it captured the whole sentiment of ones childhood!

I am so glad that this project qualifies for two different challenges - woo-hoo!!! The first one is Simon Says Stamp and Show - Hey Girl Challenge. The second one is My Monthly Mojo - Your Style. Please stop by these two sites and take a look at all the wonderful art submitted by everyone. I hope you like my little creation and thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you soon!!! :)





4 comments:

Candy C said...

Very cute card and a good example of something girly. Love your colors and your design! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

Good to see you again, Nicie! Love what you've done here with the girl's dress, the filmstrip and metal... so many great details!

Yvonne Garner said...

Love this! Glad things are looking up. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Best, Yvonne

Sarah said...

so glad to see you back on track and getting inky - this is a wonderful piece and the colours are so vibrant. Love the image and finishing too. Thanks so much for sharing with My Mojo Monthly and Simon says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

End of Year Discount...20%

Hello Everyone!!! Can't believe that we will be welcoming 2022 in just 1 day, unreal! In order to help welcome in the new year, my shop ...