Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lunagirl Challenge - Lady With The Blue Diamond Earring

While surfing the web, I stumbled on the Lunagirl Moonbeams blog. I was familiar with their shop and was happy to see that they are holding weekly challenges. This week's challenge is their #12, Lady Blue. We're asked to submit something that includes a lady dressed in blue, feels blue, etc.

I created my tag by applying blue acrylic paint on the entire tag, once it dried I added a stencil image with the same color, which makes it look like a "ghost" image, then spritzed some Perfect Pearls in Turquoise. The image is a Pre-Raphaelites painting of a lady with a blue dress. I highlighted bits of the dress and her scarf with Stickles in Waterfall. There's a piece of blue lace at the bottom and seam binding that has been colored with the same acrylic color as the tag. The lady in the original painting has a yellow flower in her hair but I substituted it with a blue gem. The title I gave the tag is "Lady With The Blue Diamond Earring".

I hope you like the tag and thank you for stopping by!!!









8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous tag Nicie.

gr karin

Kate M said...

This is so beautiful!!
xx

Wendy said...

Love this vibrant and beautiful tag! x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous! Love the image and the background you created.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Karen Lunagirl said...

Very beautiful tag! She is a lovely addition to my Lady Blue blog challenge. Thanks for joining the challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Unknown said...

Stunning tag, love the image and colours xxx

jane stillman said...

A fabulous tag, the background and image are gorgeous

Pat Taylor said...

I'm not that big a fan of blue Nicie but I have to say I do love this colour of blue you have used. It's a gorgeous tag xxx

End of Year Discount...20%

Hello Everyone!!! Can't believe that we will be welcoming 2022 in just 1 day, unreal! In order to help welcome in the new year, my shop ...