Monday, September 10, 2012

Unruly PaperArts Reader Art Quest 2 - Glue Book Page

When I read the September's RAQ 2 for a Glue Book Page at Unruly PaperArts, the first thing that popped into my mind was Steampunk. I'm not sure why since there was no theme we needed to follow. Well, I started to look through my stash of images and stamps and the first one that jumped out at me was the stamp that reads "You have permission. You have the key." Once I read that, all kinds of ideas started to build in my head. I interpreted the meaning to be that we all have the freedom to express ourselves, ability and imagination to create anything and everything that we want! Without those strong emotions we wouldn't have all the advances that we do nowadays. That's how my story unfolds...

I started out by gluing a pair of pages of my journal together to make them a bit stronger. I painted them with acrylic paints and wanted the strokes to be very defined, giving the middle a bit of texture. When I found the images that I liked, I cut them out, painted some parts with Distress Inks and filled in some spots with dimensional gel pens. The two small perfume "bottles" in the middle were stamped on thick plastic and painted with alcohol inks. Also added was a key, a keyhole and small clock parts.

Well, I hope you liked my "short story" and thank you for stopping by!!! :)








6 comments:

Debi said...

great pages, love that pink colour and all the details, lots to look at :-) Debi x

cheryl said...

oh these are super pages Hun just love the detail and adore all the images,and super colours hugs Cherylxxxx

Art From The heart said...

I love the pages,color is beautiful too !

Lynn Stevens said...

So many cool things to look at! I think I'm the only one who still hadn't done a book...
hugs Lynn

Sandi McLean said...

Great pages and I love the starting sentiment!

2amscrapper said...

loving that sentiment!

End of Year Discount...20%

Hello Everyone!!! Can't believe that we will be welcoming 2022 in just 1 day, unreal! In order to help welcome in the new year, my shop ...